We’re based in Wigan Town Centre behind the parish church, we’re easy to get to by public transport, on foot or by car. For more travel information including parking and hotels click on the below icons. Our address is Crawford Street, Wigan WN1 1NA
EAT & DRINK WITH US
7 DAYS A WEEK
9AM - 8PM
7 DAYS A WEEK
10AM - 4PM
LOCATED IN THE FORK & BRUSH CAFE
MON - FRI
10AM - 5PM
FOR VENUE &
1. BAILIFF BAR
2. GRAND VAULT
4. THEATRE & GALLERY
5. ENQUIRIES OFFICE
6. VICTORIAN COURTROOM
7. FORK & BRUSH ARTS CAFE
It is very important that we ask anyone who is thinking about coming to an event with additional accessibility requirements to contact the venue prior to booking tickets, all of our events are different and we have to assess the risks involved individually. Our team are happy to discuss your personal needs in detail and will always strive to do what we can to assist within the boundaries of safety and comfort.
WHAT WE HAVE
• A wheelchair ramp to access the building via the Bailiff Bar entrance 1 on King St. West. This ramp makes it suitable for wheelchair users to access the stage for any events with an open mic. It’s best to let us know before the start of the night if you wish to access the stage and we will set up the room accordingly.
• A Super Trac suitable for standard-sized wheelchairs- maximum width 700mm- maximum weight 120kg. This climbs stairs to make every floor of the building accessible. This can only be used by one wheelchair at a time and is operated by a member of staff. Please book prior to ordering tickets to ensure trained members of staff are on shift.
WHAT WE CAN DO
• We offer disabled people the opportunity to book some time to try the ramp and/or Supatrak during a quiet time and visit all areas of the building so you can decide how comfortable this will be for you during your visit.
• We have an accessible toilet in the Bailiff Bar (Level 0). The male toilet near the Theatre, Isherwood Gallery and Victorian Court Room (Level 2) is accessible. Some wheelchair users have found the other toilets in the building suitable according to their personal needs.
WHAT WE NEED
• Your feedback. Please visit us and tell us your access needs so we can continue to try and access funds to fully update the building and our events so they are welcoming for everyone.
ASSISTANCE & GUIDE DOGS
• We love Dogs at the Old Courts and have our own office dog Bear, and we are happy to let Dogs into the venue. We can however not permit Dogs in the Venue's when there is Live Music as the noise level whilst safe for Humans is potentially damaging for Dogs sensitive ears.
• A number of our staff have been trained by Dementia Friends in an effort to be sensitive and further understand the support that our visitors with Dementia need.